Wednesday, April 18, 2012

This time last year

April 14th, 2011 was a day that changed my life forever. A day I was not expecting to be anything out of the ordinary.  It was the day we first saw a photo of Shaina and heard her story. It was love at first sight.  I could not stop staring at her photo, staring into her eyes. I knew, looking at the photo, that I was looking at my daughter. What I did not know at the time was that the photo was two years old and she had grown quite a bit since then and I almost didn't recognize her the first time we met, just a short month after seeing her photo for the first time.

Two days later, on April 16th, 2011 we decided to adopt her.

This amazing little girl has been a part of my heart for the last year. I have longed for her to be home with us since that time. I have cried for missing her, dreamed of her, visited her, wished  upon stars for her, prayed for her, and loved her, for the last year.

Now I am praying her home. I am praying she will forever be in my arms the way she will forever be in my heart!

1 comment: