Saturday, January 1, 2011

A Sign?

Happy New Year!!

Last night at a New Year's Eve party we all had to write our resolutions down on a piece of paper and they were put in a hat. The party host mixed them up and then pulled one out of the hat. The winner received a bottle of wine.


My resolution was to pursue adopting a little girl from Haiti. Guess who's resolution got pulled out of the hat? MINE. Is it a sign? I think so. But then I wonder if I am just trying too hard to find signs and meaning in things. Nah, I will believe it was a sign.

I am finding that I think about the adoption all the time. I am searching for other blogs of people who are adopting from Haiti so I can see what kind of experiences they are having. I am doing research on Haiti. I am just obsessing about it already, and we haven't even sent in our application yet. Wow, I can't imagine how much more obsessed I will get in the upcoming months!

3 comments:

  1. Kate! Wow! That is very exciting for you guys. I am so happy you are pursuing your dream. Love you! Mack

    ReplyDelete
  2. The obsession has only just begun. ;) Your heart has been spoken to...go and answer it!!!!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Kate, I just found your blog from the Haiti Forum and thought I would leave a comment. Good luck it is a long journey but so worth it and I can't think of a better place to adopt from. We brought our girls home from Haiti after the earthquake last year. You can read about our journey and transition at my blog gordongangnews.blogspot.com Hang on you are in for the ride of your life!

    ReplyDelete