Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Here we go again (or rather, here we sit again)

It's been 7.5 weeks if you're wondering. 7.5 weeks sine we got submitted for I-600 approval and visa issuance. 7.5 weeks we have been sitting... waiting... hoping... praying... 7.5 weeks.

The last group of families who went through this stage got their child's visa and were home in 4-6 weeks. There are a group of us from our agency who are all stuck at 7.5 weeks and a couple other families currently at 10 weeks waiting. It makes me sick.

To be this close with no end in sight is maddening. Truly.

Let me just remind you- our adoption file is now in US hands- so none of that 3rd world country, no infrastructure, poor working conditions stuff will fly any more. It's our own country dropping the ball now.

I am going to spare you details of the agony the last 7.5 weeks have been. The tears cried. The hopelessness felt, the questions asked, the angry words yelled at God, the heartbreak.

To say I am desperate for my daughter to be home is putting it mildly. It has now been a year since Ryan and Riley have seen Shaina and 6 months for Bella and I. I long for her to be home.

We would love it if you would join us in praying that we get her visa soon, and that the other families waiting do also.

7.5 weeks. But who's counting.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, friend, you KNOW I am praying!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Understand. I struggle to rejoice with those who enter courts in 4.5 weeks after socialization while we sit without word at 9.9 months. Praying you get good news TODAY!

    ReplyDelete