Friday, March 2, 2012

A step forward then a few steps backward

The times we find ourselves having to wait on others may be the perfect opportunities to train ourselves to wait on the Lord.” ~ Joni Eareckson Tada

I have to keep reminding myself of this today. It has been a rough day.

Yesterday we got good news about the adoption. One step forward.

Today we got bad news. Two steps back. Things have been delayed. By a few months it looks like.

I want to cry. I know this is all part of the adoption roller coaster. I was prepared for these ups and downs when we started. But they still hurt and it is still disappointing.

So, I am repeating this to myself today as well,
"being strengthened with all power according to His glorious might so that you may have great endurance and patience"
Colossians 1:11

Ah, patience. I need that right now. As we wait, and we wait, and we wait. And we hope, and we miss her, and we wait some more. 

1 comment:

  1. I'm so sorry to hear about your "two steps back." Colossians 1:11--that's a good one to lean on!

    ReplyDelete