Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Can I ask you a favor?

I have had a heavy weight on me lately and I guess I need to share it and get it off my chest.  This subject is not brought up very often in the adoption world, probably because everyone is in the same boat where this is concerned. What am I talking about? Money. Adoption is extremely expensive. And, while worth every penny and then some, it can be very stressful to come up with the funds needed to complete an adoption.

Here is where my struggle lies. We have had a few fundraisers and all of them have fallen flat. They were duds.  Our t shirt sales are sloooowwww too. We had a plan for how we were going to get the money left that we still need to finish the adoption and for travel costs. But that plan fell through. We have one idea left. One last ditch effort to get the remaining funds we need. 

So here is where I would like to ask you a favor. Will you please pray for us? Please  pray that we will be able to earn the last of the funds we need to complete this adoption and travel to Haiti to pick Shaina up and bring her home. Please pray that God will guide us through this struggle and that we will continue to rely on Him. Please pray that we will not try to take this into our own hands, but to place this struggle, this worry, in His capable hands.

Thank you friends!!

2 comments: